How to join text from different cells into one cell in Excel?
- Can You Merge Cell Contents In Excel
- Excel Combine Contents Of Two Cells
- Combine Cell Contents In Excel
- How To Merge Different Cell Contents In Excel
- Excel Cell Contents Formula
Summary To get cell content with a given row and column number, you can use the ADDRESS function together with INDIRECT. In the example shown, the formula in G6 is: = INDIRECT(ADDRESS(G4, G5)). Referencing the Cell Contents in Another Cell Double click on any Cell in Excel Sheet to make the Cell editable. Then enter the equals to sign (=) and enter the address of Cell which you wants to refer. You can refer a single Cell or a Range using this approach. I have received a census that was transferred from a.txt file - notepad. In transferring it the copy process ripped off the last two letters and put them in a separate column. Going through the entire census would be a nightmare - 2000 people. I know about the right and left functions - what. Combine Columns with the CONCAT Function Click the cell where you want the combined data to go.
If you have multiple cells that contain text and you want to join or merge them in one cell as following screenshot shown, normally, the Concatenate function can help you join the text from different cells into one destination cell. This article will talk about some methods to deal with this task with details.
Join text from different cells into one cell with Kutools for Excel
Join text from different cells into one cell with formulas
Applying the Concatenate function to join the different cell contents, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula: =CONCATENATE(A2,'-',B2,'-',C2) into a blank cell next to your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to join, and the different cells have been merged into one cell by the separator “-”, see screenshot:
Note: If there are more cells needed to be merged together, please join the cell references as this: =CONCATENATE(A2,'-',B2,'-',C2, '-',D2,'-',E2,…), and the “-” separator in the formula can be modified as you need.
Join text from different cells into one cell with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel contains a powerful tool-Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data, with this utility, you can quickly join or merge multiple rows, columns or ranges of cells into one cell by a specific separator you need.
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Click to Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Select the text range that you want to join together.
2. Then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data, see screenshot:
3. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, please do as follows:
(1.) Choose one option that you want to join the text based on, you can join cells based on rows, columns or range or just combine all to one single cell; Choti bahu serial youtube.
(2.) Specify a separator for your combined data as you need;
(3.) Select a location to put the combined result;
(4.) At last, choose the option to deal with the combined cells. You can keep or delete contents from those combined cells, and you can also merge those combined cells.
4. After finishing the above settings, click Ok or Apply button, and all the selected text will be joined together based on your need. See screenshot：
Demo: Join text from different cells into one cell in Excel
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails..
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range..
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns.. Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges..
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select..
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more..
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments..
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic..
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF..
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
Can You Merge Cell Contents In Excel
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.hi i have a 'text1' in one cell1 and i want to add 'text1' in to another cell2 which is having 'text2' and give me output in same cell2 'text1 text2' if my cell1 is empty then output of cell2 will be same as 'text2' untill and unless i enter the text in cell1
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Very educative.
Excel Combine Contents Of Two Cells
At the heart of Excel is the ability to add formulas to worksheets. You use these formulas to manipulate information stored in different cells. One of the ways you can manipulate information is to combine the contents of your cells. For instance, let's assume you have a list of last names in column A, a list of first names in column B, and a list of titles (Mr., Ms., Dr., etc.) in column C. If you wanted to derive a full name for these people, you could use the following formula:
Combine Cell Contents In Excel
The result of such a formula is that Excel combines the values (the names and titles) from the specified cells and places spaces between them.
How To Merge Different Cell Contents In Excel
If I am remembering my spreadsheet history correctly, the CONCATENATE function was originally included in Excel for compatability with other spreadsheet programs—most notably Lotus 123. Personally, I prefer to use what I've always viewed as the native concatenation operator for Excel, which is the ampersand. Here's how you could write the same concatenation formula mentioned above:
Excel Cell Contents Formula
The ampersand character (&) is used to indicate that Excel should 'add' text together to create a new text value.